Cutie Cola

Sexy, independent mother. Current nursing student with one hell of a sense of humour.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Monday, July 25, 2005

B.O. - There's No Excuse!

Okay, so this is something that just HAS to be said about Body Odor. Why is it that some people be leaving their homes smelling like they haven't showered in days OR they've never heard of the word *Deordorant*!!

There's this particular girl in my class that sits right next to me that comes in everyday smelling like she just rolled out of bed and came straight to school! Firstly, this is a very young girl (19 yrs old) who you would expect to pay more attention to her hygiene. She has a very, very strong smell that seems to just stain the air as she enters the room..........I mean the kind of fumes that sticks to the back of your throat and puts your trachea in a death grip!! Once this girl gets through the door, everybody turns their heads (away) and roll their eyes. I have to keep my hand to my face half the time just to get a breath of 'odorless' air!

So............today I decided I had to say something, so after class, I took her aside and spoke to her - in the nicest way possible:-

Me:- "B.O. Girl, do you wear deodorant?"
B.O. Girl:- "Yes I do"
Me:- "Well, I don't want you to get offended, but you do have a very strong odor and it's not very pleasant"
B.O. Girl:- "Are you trying to tell me something?"
* DUUUUUHHHHH!!!!!!!*
Me:- "Ah, yeah, you do kinda smell funky and it's noticable by others in the class"
B.O. Girl - "Well I do use deodorant and I don't think I smell"
Me:- "Well, you do, and I just thought I should say it to you. Maybe you should try using a different deodorant"
B.O. Girl:- "Well I don't think I smell that bad, I've smelled worse"

At this point I just left it alone, but at least now she's aware that she's offending people and might take a bit more care in her personal hygiene. How do people walk around smelling like that? My god you can even get deodorant at the 99cent store now! On top of that, it's the summer and NY have been very hot and humid lately! Anyway, this was just something that needed to be said. I'm just glad that this is the last week of this summer semester, then it's 'no more B.O. Girl'!!!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You so silly gurl. I swear the heat done gone to your head!! It's a good thing you studying to be a nurse! You can help yourself...just a little attempt at humor :)

7/25/2005 7:42 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Bravo! Great post. You're right, there's no excuse for it!

7/25/2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Even homeless people can catch a shower when it rains. How one can not control body odor is beyond me. Especially in the summer when something as simple as walking can cause you to break a sweat. It's a damn shame.

7/25/2005 10:21 PM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Damn. And I thought I was blunt, use a true JA girl fa real. Lol
Hey she started first, by offended the air we breathe!
PEACE

7/25/2005 10:47 PM  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

I had the same problem with someones breath! I did the same thing, I even brought him a toothbrush to show him how to brush his tongue. This was in HighSchool. He Thanked me and we remained friends. You GO GIRL! sometime you have to say it to the face like http://msnhim.blogspot.com/ said in her post.

7/26/2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

Oy... I have been around some people that really make my eyes sting the smell is so bad. Water is free and soap is cheap there is no reason to walk around all funky!

7/26/2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

CC-

Added you to the blogroll!

7/26/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I agree, there is no excuse leaving the house smelling lie a bum's buttcrack..lol Good post.

7/26/2005 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor from www.OnlyDolls.com