Cutie Cola

Sexy, independent mother. Current nursing student with one hell of a sense of humour.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Is It Just Me??

Is it just me or do people seem to lack a concience nowadays? If you give people the chance, they will use and abuse you until nothing is left! Today has been a very hectic day for me and I am so drained! My aunt called me yesterday and asked me if I could take her to Queens to pick up a friend of hers that just flew in to New York. I told her no problem, so today after work I picked her up and we headed out. It was about a half hour drive and to tell the truth, all I could think about was how much gas I was using! I know it might sound cold but it's true! Anyone of you that live in NY know that gas prices have been ridiculous lately! I had just filled my tank this morning and was thinking this should last till my next paycheck. Remember, I haven't been working for about 4 months and just started back working 2 weeks ago. Needless to say, a sista is broke & trying to catch up with all my delinquent bills. I really don't have any money like that, so I have to live on a veeeeery tight budget. With that said, I decided to bite the bullet and do this favor for my aunt. In the back of my mind I was expecting that she would offer me some money towards gas but decided that if she didn't it wouldn't be a big deal.

Here's whats pissing me off right now though......................how about after 5 minutes of meeting HER friend, she (the friend) looked at me and asked me to take her back home to Queens tomorrow!! Now first of all, I don't know this lady from a hole in the f**king wall, and how dare she assume that because she's my aunt's friend that it was okay for her to ask me to do her favors!!??!! Secondly, she made sure she asked me in front of my aunt because she knows I'm not going to tell her flat out 'no'. The worst part is, when everybody got out of the car, they said 'thank you' and went on their way! Nobody offered even a fiver for gas and I have a strong feeling that the same thing will happen tomorrow. I'm just really pissed because if I were to ask for gas money I might come off as petty or even disrespectful. I've just decided that I'm not gonna ask anyone for anything, I'll just take her home like I (unwillingly) promised and call it a day. Now I just got home after a long day of work, I'm exhausted and hungry as hell and I have to do this all again tomorrow! I really need to learn how to just say 'NO', it will save me a lot of frustration.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Indeed!
That's wassup!

8/18/2005 8:23 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

That was WRONG! The high gas prices are all over the news. I hate when people do that. I would have politely said, "if I have gas I can do it." If that aint a hint I don't know what is.

8/18/2005 9:00 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

That really sucks! and the worst part is you feel obligated cause it your aunts friend which Im sure is very frustrating. If I were you Id come down with a sting case of {insert excuse here} and let her know that your sorry but things happen.

8/18/2005 9:56 AM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Sore spot with me. I don't do lifts anymore. Had a homie play with that same thing a couple of month ago. He calls me up, tells me he's in my area (which I later found out, he was @ the train station, and missed his bus) and wanted to get sumptin to eat. His treat. I tell him, no thanks, I'm saving gas, and going home to eat. He insist he got "GAS and FOOD" covered. And this is when gas was still $1.00 cheaper, then it is now, but still f_kin high. So I scoop him up reluctantly, and he tell me again he got me covered...All that phool had in his pocket when I picked him up was $5.00 for food and Gas... Oh I could of been him 5 times! Never again... Its not that you don't mind doing something for folks, but people take your kindness for a weakness, and plenty of ppl, have designs on your pockets, your funds/budget, and your time. Not cool!

8/18/2005 7:31 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I just saw somewhere that gas is $3 a gallon (as I look at my L.I.R.R. monthly pass, no longer feeling like I'm getting ripped off). For three dollars, I'd give your aunts friend a Metrocard and drop her unappreciative ass off at the nearest subway station.

8/18/2005 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor from www.OnlyDolls.com