Cutie Cola

Sexy, independent mother. Current nursing student with one hell of a sense of humour.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Two Less Lonley People In The World

So I've decided to give love a chance. I have weighed the pros and cons and realized that if I want something good in my life, I must be ready and willing to work at it and possibly make sacrifices. I have been hurt really, really badly by my son's father and since then I don't think twice about telling a man to kiss my a** if I have the slightest doubt about where things are going. I realize that I am so afraid of being hurt again that I would rather jeopardize something that has the potential to be GREAT than to end up being hurt. I've also realized that everytime I start to get caught up in someone, I find all kinds of faults with him to justify me kicking him out of my life.

Has anyone seen the movie 'Frankie & Johnny'?? I see myself so much in the character of Frankie. I want to get involved again, I want to love and be loved, I want to say 'that's my man', but my fear is stronger than all of these wants! It's funny how I can sit here and dish out good advice to friends, but it took me sooooo long to analyze my own situation! I have had to admit to myself that I have put up a wall around my heart and I will have to let my guard down a little bit in order to give love a chance.

With that said, I have decided to give this relationship a chance. I will try to be more patient and stop making excuses as to why I need to end it. We did a lot of talking and I admitted these fears to him. He also admitted fears of his own (I had no idea he was just as scared!). We promised each other to always try and be HONEST no matter what, and to not hold anything back out of fear. I hope things work out for the best. Even if we don't end up together, I hope it will be a great ride nontheless.

ps. Thanks Organized! ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

I for one am glad that things seem to be working out for you. I'm glad you were able to talk to him and find out where his head was at. I wish the two of you much success.

8/14/2005 12:34 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

BTW . . . you're welcome (didn't even see that shout out when I first read it)

8/14/2005 9:49 PM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

Good for you girl! Its hard but in oder to find love you have to be ready to receive it. Sounds like you ready. Take it slow and it will be fine.

8/15/2005 10:41 AM  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

Communication almost always leads to something positive. Good for you.

8/16/2005 12:44 AM  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Baby Steps....All good things happen in time I found your blog through Dee Dee and Diva who hit me up on my show! Be sure to stop by and always remember to remain open as you never know when and where you will be when you fall in love...

8/16/2005 8:06 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Yes, I've seen Frankie and Johnny. I'm a sap for those kinds of movies. Glad you decided to give it a chance.

8/17/2005 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor from www.OnlyDolls.com