Cutie Cola

Sexy, independent mother. Current nursing student with one hell of a sense of humour.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, August 20, 2005

When It Rains...........It Pours!

Isn't it always the case that you could go through a dry spell for a while (money, love, job, etc.) and then, when you finally get a break and things start to look up, you go from not having any hopes of redemption to having more choices than you know what to do with! A prime example is if you are out of a job..............you send applications to every company you can (you even start to consider McDonald's) and as soon as you finally get one job offer, a million more start rolling in!!

Well, similarly, I want to talk about my 'dry spell'. After I left my son's father, I went for about 3 years without a boyfriend. Initially, it was by choice but after about a year or so, I really wanted to start dating again but never found anyone that I really clicked with, or if I did, they were already involved. Finally, about a year ago, I got involved in my long-distance relationship and I deliberately took things slow because I was still a bit paranoid about getting hurt again, (I also wanted to keep my options open). Anyway, just recently I decided to go full steam ahead with this relationship because, as I've said in a previous blog, I really have fallen for him and I believe he has fallen for me as well. So...........how about just after my soul-searching and commitment making I started hearing from all these other dudes that have come into my life in the past. These are guys that have apparently liked me when they first met me but never really expressed it till now. Funny thing is that I sorta liked each of them too but was too shy to say anything either! Don't get me wrong, I don't intend on messing with any of them. I don't get down like that, if I'm commited to one man, then it's just that one man, period. It's just funny to me that after being man-less for so many years now I have more options than I even care for! How many of you have experienced this phenomenon? - (job, love life, money, etc) . Do tell!

1 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

You're exactly right. When things are bad, they are really bad and when they are good, they're too good to be true. (Personally, I just got out of a situation and I am hoping that I don't have a long dry spell)

If you listen to the first verse of The Whisper Song (my favorite song right now) by the Ying Yang Twins, there is a line that says "A CLOSED MOUTH DON'T GET FED". You might miss out on something by keeping your feelings to yourself. The worst thing that someone can say is "no" so if your feelings are that strong then you might as well express them.

So to all of these guys that have come out of the woodwork all of a sudden, all I have to say is YOU MISSED OUT.

8/20/2005 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor from www.OnlyDolls.com